Saturday, October 14, 2006


Okay
I think I get the point, and have figured out exactly what this is all about. Well, I feel funny getting started, but I might as well just jump in. I slept until 2 pm today, which was the first time I slept in, or really got more than five hours of sleep, in about three weeks. I went to two conferences this week, which exhausted me, even though I was only an attendee and sometimes a note taker. I have now sat on the couch for about five hours straight, which is relaxing, but really, I probably should have gone on a hike because work for me this week was also sitting around. My cat has sat on my lap almost the entire time, which actually is what helped me to be motivated not to move. I love it when she cuddles, and she hasn't been sleeping with me ever since D and I moved in. I thought at first that she didn't like the dog in the room, or maybe because it is too hot. Now I'm thinking it is either about D (he is always trying to play with her- can't just relax) or she doesn't find the room appealing. I'm going to change the sheets and pick up- all for the cat! I was home in Califonia this week and I miss it so much (beach photo)! It is amazing how the only place I truly feel beautiful is L.A. I know that everybody says L.A. makes them feel shallow and insecure, but I like how beauty is so emphasized, so celebrated. I like to talk about it too, and now I'm in an environment where everybody pretends to be too deep. Ya right, I don't buy it for a second. Ok, now that this is set up, I'll head off to do other things, or clean my room, or entertain myself with things not in my head. Who knows? Maybe I'll even grade some papers! Would certainly be a good use of my time- but I really want today off...

No comments: